Civil & Environmental Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890
Office: 123B Porter Hall
Susan Finger, Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
Areas of Interest:representation languages for design, integration of design and manufacturing concerns, computer-supported cooperative learning
Ph.D. 1981, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Finger, S., Gelman, D., Fay, A., Szczerban, M., Smailagic, A. and Siewiorek, D.P., “Supporting Collaborative Learning in Engineering Design,” Expert Systems with Applications, Volume 31, Issue 4 , November 2006, Pages 734-741.
- Finger, S.,Gelman, D., Fay, A., Szczerban, M., “Assessing Collaborative Learning in Engineering Design,” International Journal of Engineering Education, v22, no 3, 2006, pp 636- 644.
- Cagan, J. Campbell, M.I., Finger, S., Tomiyama, T., “A Framework for Computational Design Synthesis: Models and Applications,” Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, Vol. 5, No 3, 2005, pp. 171-181.
- Weiss, L.E., Amon, C.H., Finger, S., Miller, E.D., Romero, D., Verdinelli, I., Walker, L.M. and Campbell, P.G., “Bayesian computer-aided experimental design of heterogeneous scaffolds for tissue engineering,” Computer-Aided Design, Vol 37, No 11, 2005, pp 1127-1139.
- Tang, W., Davidson, C.I., Finger, S. and Vance, K., “Erosion of limestone building surfaces caused by wind-driven rain: 1. Field measurements,” Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 38 No 33 October 2004.